Monday, January 26, 2009

Paths


A friend of my daughter's likes pictures of paths. I found this lovely old postcard today and thought of her. It says, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life" (Psalm 16:11).

I also came across another quote on paths by John Schaar, "The future is not a result of choices among alternative paths offered by the present, but a place that is created -- created first in the mind and will, created next in activity. The future is not some place we are going to, but one we are creating. The paths are not to be found, but made, and the activity of making them, changes both the maker and the destination."

What path are you creating?

1 comment:

The Victorian Parlor said...

That is beautiful:) I hope that I am creating a path that leads others to follow God's path and to know that all things are possible through Him.